Arlington Auto Accident Attorney | Arlington Car Wreck Lawyer | Arlington Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Arlington area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Arlington, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Arlington area.
When Should You Hire an Arlington Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining an Arlington, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Arlington auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from an Arlington auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain an Arlington car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need an Arlington Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Arlington car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Arlington area and in all areas of Tarrant County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in an Arlington, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Arlington accident attorney.
Arlington Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Arlington you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Arlington will try to successfully handle your Arlington car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to an Arlington bad faith insurance claim.
Arlington Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Arlington Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smart phones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Arlington area. Arlington Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a driver of the car that hit you, was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call an Arlington Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Arlington Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Arlington, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Arlington fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an Arlington auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (817) 861-5555 ;
- As soon as you are able, call an Arlington car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by an Arlington ambulance, you can later get information at:
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Arlington, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Arlington Police Department (APD): (817) 459-5700
Tarrant County Precinct 5: (817) 884-1438
Tarrant County Precinct 7: (817) 473-5101
Tarrant County Sheriff: (817) 884-3099
Wise County Sheriff : (940) 627-5971
Other reasons to retain an Arlington, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Tarrant County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Arlington, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Tarrant County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Arlington car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Arlington will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
An Arlington injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Arlington car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Tarrant County Civil Courts or Tarrant County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Arlington trial courts include:
Tarrant County 141st Civil District Court
Tarrant County 153rd Civil District Court
Tarrant County 17th Civil District Court
Tarrant County 236th Civil District Court
Tarrant County 342nd Civil District Court
- If your Arlington injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Arlington tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Arlington involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Arlington Residents
Arlington Area Medical Facilities
Health South Rehabilitation Hospital of Arlington
Kindred Hospital Tarrant County Arlington
Medical Center of Arlington
Tarrant County Hospital District
Diagnostic & Surgical Center of Arlington
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
USMD Hospital At Arlington, LP
Arlington Area Automobile & Tire Repair
Pep Boys Auto Parts, Tires and Service
Advanced Tire & Auto
Arlington Area Car Rental Services
Van Country Rentals
D & M Leasing
Budget Truck Rental
Classic Chevrolet of Grapevine
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Arlington area or anywhere in Tarrant County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Arlington vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Arlington and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Central Texas, including Arlington, Azle, Bedford, Benbrook, Blue Mound, Colleyville, Cookes Meadow, Crowley, Dalworthington Gardens, Duncanville, Edgecliff Village, Espanita, Euless, Everman, Forest Hill, Ft. Worth, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Haltom City, Haslet, Hurst, Irving, Keller, Kennedale, Lake Worth, Lakeside, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, Pantego, Pelican Bay, Richland Hills, River Oaks, Ryanwood, Saginaw, Sandybrook, Sansom Park, Southlake, Sowers, Watauga, Westlake, Westover Hills, White Settlement, areas in the vicinity of Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, and other communities in Tarrant County.